Siddharth Mehta/Panchkula: In his efforts to curtail corruption and proving effective governance to Haryana’s populace, Chief Minister ML Khattar on Monday announced an anti-corruption cell that would operate under the Chief Minister’s Office(CMO).
While addressing his Senior officers at a state-level gathering in Panchkula, he took an oath for corruption-free governance with his team of IAS and IPS along with other officials of Haryana.
- A Whatsapp Number 94178-91064 where anyone from the state can complain about corruption. A related to complain, video or audio clip may also be shared on the same number.
- A helpline no 1064 will be operational 24*7 for receiving corruption-related complaints along with with a toll-free no 1800 180 2022.
- Twitter handle of the CMO would likewise record and follow up on grievances received on the official Twitter id ie @cmohry.
- Wearing a body camera by all the raiding teams of the state has been made compulsory.
- The Complainant who successfully makes multiple complaints will also be felicitated by the corruption cell.
However, as per a recent survey conducted by the LocalCircles and the Transparency International India in 2019, Haryana is one of the least corrupt states. However, these steps would further lead to more transparent, fair and square governance.
December 9 is globally marked as, International Anti-Corruption Day.